Town of High Prairie
- The Town of High Prairie Rebranding Committee is pleased to announce the Favorite Tag Line based on our Survey Results
The result below was the top choice out of the 200 people who participated in the survey.
“Heart of Big Lakes”
Drop anchor in the Heart of Big Lakes, just 15 minutes west of Lesser Slave Lake and surrounded by outstanding sports and adventure opportunities. As the main service point of the Big Lakes region, High Prairie has the best medical, retail, service and industrial opportunities in the area. High Prairie has an outstanding community vibe and a long history of supporting the needs and ambitions of those that choose to be part of the action. High Prairie – be part of the heart!
The Rebranding Committee thanks everyone who participated in the survey.
High Prairie Library Events Calendar: http://highprairielibrary.ab.ca/whats-happening-your-library
- Wednesdays from 10:30-11:30 – Children ages 3-6 years and their parents can join them at the library for stories & crafts. No registration required – contact the library for more info. 780-523-3838
- Dad’s N’ Tots
- Will be making Cardboard Cars Thursday 28th from 6-730 pm at the Children’s Center (4709-51 Ave) In partnership with the High Prairie Municipal Library. For more information call Roni at 780-523-2715. This program is designed for children aged 0-12 years and their Dads, Grandfathers, Uncles, etc.
- CARDBOARD BOX CARS HAVE BEEN POSTPONED. INSTEAD THEY WILL BE DOING A BAKING PROJECT.
- Saturday Drop-In Program
- Join them for their free drop-in program Saturdays from 2-3:30. They provide a safe place for children 7 years & over to enjoy Lego, Board Games, Wii, or colouring.
Marigold Enterprises Farmer’s Market
- Takes place at the old Wholesome Joe’s location on Wednesdays from 2-7pm. Come as a vender, buyer or browse. For more information and scheduling call 780-523-4588
High Prairie Golden Age Club
- You’re invited to see what the Golden Age Club is all about. Open Tuesday and Friday from 12:30-4pm. Cribbage, floor curling, pool, shuffleboard and more. For more information on the Golden Age Club call 780-523-3227.
Drop in Badminton
- Tuesdays & Thursdays at EW Pratt School Gym at 7pm. Everyone welcome.
Volleyball Drop-in League
- Monday & Friday 7:30-9:30pm, $3
High Prairie & District Children’s Resource Council Events Calendar: https://www.hpdcrc.ca/events
High Prairie Fire Department Looking for Volunteers
- Members are needed for Emergency response or for administrative roles. To join visit hpfd.ca, call 780-523-3535 or go see Fire Chief Ken Melnyk at the Fire Hall Monday-Wednesday from 8am-4:30pm.
High Prairie – Recreation Department
- Annual Pool Membership Sale continues until the end of February. You can buy at the Aquatic Centre. Prices and more info here: https://www.facebook.com/HighPrairieAndDistrictRegionalRecreationBoard/photos/a.703695729646001/2593485324000356/?type=3&theater
- Facility Schedule – Dec 30th-Feb 9th, 2019: https://www.facebook.com/HighPrairieAndDistrictRegionalRecreationBoard/
High Prairie Regals
- Next game:
- For all the Regals news, stats and more: https://discoverthepeacecountry.com/htmlpages/northpeacehockeyschedule.html
High Prairie Elks Snowmobile Rally
- POSTPONED to February 24th, 2019
- $20/hand – Elks Rodeo Hall Registration 10AM-12PM – Chili Supper Provided – For more info: Call or Text John Vandenburg @ 780-523-7904